Thursday 6 October 2016

ALL THAT FUCKING, WHERE DID IT LEAD TO?


 

a theory of  exploding light
the indelible reality of illusion.
the perfume of your eyes.
your hair, a volt of vipers
scalds my breasts.
your mouth, a temple of profanity,
robs my reckless dark.
you measure yourself not by length,
but by time, eternity of the moment.
the earth mire muck of  exquisite union.
don’t speak of love, it’s hardly done.
all this fucking,
where does it lead to?


the shaft and seed of you. 
the spread-open sin of me. 
put me on your table, dine on me.
leave sadness behind.
the depravity of wanting
makes love a glutton,
Makes my spine hiss.
your unsheathed devil 
a thrusting beak.
dawn prayers rising.
god is great, but your breath is sublime.
all that fucking
where did it lead to?


timid light slippers through shutters.
rumours of love absconding.
the throat of my thighs swallows your tongue.
the limb locked cling of us
hurtling towards a moon.
I am your fleshly bouquet,
barbed wire and petals.  
nail me to the floor - a crucifix.
the outside of you in the  inside of me.
our explicit wonder moistening. 
all that  fucking
where did it lead to?


lust's hemisphere moves to conquer,
bares the dark-bright fade of you.
an old slavery clinks its chains:
a ringing phone, fist-bone masterful,
love’s eyes brimmed, footfall running in snow.
an exiled king buries his queen and her bruises.
the ghosts of us call from that place
where an iron smoothed shirts on a  bed
and spices bled from our skin
and the tea by your side was left to go cold.
we are murdered by change. we are tossed to the dogs.
i’m in a dark corner I can't see my hands. 
i dream of our bed, unwrapped like a sweet.
a crow passes over. you're crossing the desert. 
i 'm the sand on your feet,
tiny grains falling as you run towards home.

Still, I carry a song of lovers first meeting -
a rooftop and music, a city awaking -
forgetting the strangers we finally led to.

 

Cairo Photo: 'Nile Corniche in Cairo at dawn' by Yasser

























No comments:

Post a Comment